FOLLOW ON TWITTER

Monday 21 December 2015

Frostbite update 21 December 2015

Since the last update, recovery of the toe tip has been going very slowly.  The tip suffered the most damage and it was a 'concave scab'.  I know that it has not fully healed underneath as when I started trimming the edges, there were some very fresh pink tissue underneath and also a layer of skin not yet hardened 'settled'...because I trimmed a little too much.  I am impatient.


The nail bed is still looking very good and now I am positive that it will not fall off.  I have no idea how the scab underneath the nail bed will take to disappear.

I have started carefully rolling onto the big toe so that I can get the feeling of walking normally (not the very tip of the toe where the scab is located).  The nerves are still going 'haywire' as that will take the longest to heal.  It is very numb yet sensitive.  Horrible feeling.  My revised guess is that it will take another month for the scab at the tip to fall off but it will take probably 2mths for the stuff under the nail to disappear.  Hoping the nerves heal well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.