FOLLOW ON TWITTER

Monday 21 December 2015

2016 climbing plans

For now, I am unlikely to climb in Nepal for Spring.  If I did get fit in time then I would be inclined to go back to Cho Oyu (in Tibet) to finish it off.  It drives me crazy that a long spout of diarrhea destroyed my Cho Oyu summit bid.

The sad fuel shortage situation in Nepal definitely will make it a no-go region for me.  How can I go climbing there when people have no fuel to survive?  Getting around would be a nightmare, let alone a supported expedition.  My guess is that the situation will not be resolved by April 2016.  It would also be too late for interested climbers to confirm plans with so much uncertainty.

The Tibet side is most likely the best choice, or Pakistan.

I am currently looking to climb in Pakistan in June. 2016.  I haven't decided yet if I will try for GI+GII or do a cheaper Broad Peak.  I am probably leaning towards Broad Peak to slowly get me back into the swing of things.  Then maybe in Nepal Autumn do Cho Oyu (if I did not do it in April) or Shishapangma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.