FOLLOW ON TWITTER

Sunday 10 April 2016

A man that I admire (that I have never met)

Prominent Australian
Philip Nitschke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Nitschke

https://exitinternational.net/

In Australia he has been the voice of euthanasia.  Whether you agree or disagree with euthanasia is not the point of this post.

My point is that this man has the courage to fight against the establishment (Australian Government, the Medical Board of Australia (MBA)).  He has fought for the right for people to access information and fought for people to have a choice in how they wish to terminate their life.  Philip Nitschke has sacrificed a career in medicine to follow his belief on this matter.  A big call indeed.  Nitschke fights for your right to have a peaceful assisted death (your choice).

Nothing is scarier than when a Government starts to filter what information one has access to.  Australia claims to be a free and open democracy, but it is no different to authoritarian regimes that restrict what you hear and see (it's just more covert about it).

The MBA should be ashamed of themselves.  They encourage the suffering of the terminally ill.  Their self-righteous approach is no different than any other union that looks after their core business in health.  God forbid if you hurt their business model of providing a terminally ill person with information and a choice...MBA would be 'losing' a client.  The world turns for the worse when self-righteous people play 'god' and dictate what you can do.

My rant is not just about euthanasia...as it is quite easy to knock-yourself-off (jumping off: a building, off a high bridge, in front of a speeding train etc.), it is about people/institutions that want to control you.  Now, 'we' control you in disguise and market it 'for your own good'.  

I've always seen myself as 'temporary' as we all die (no running from the reaper).  If you are religious then you have very little to worry about (as you will meet your maker in the afterworld -a good thing really) and if you are atheist then you appreciate that it 'just ends'.  When I become extinct like the dinosaurs, I hope that I am not suffering and incapable of self-terminating when it happens, otherwise I'll end up being 'tortured' by the Australian Government/MBA in their self-righteous world.

My views are probably more out-there but the principles are the same...right to information and choice.

How do you think you'll 'go' and what choices do you have for the future?  What are you going to do about it?  Food for thought.

*Let me declare that I am pro euthanasia (pro information and pro choice).  

**I am also a member of Exit International.  I have no administrative linkages.  I support their objective and what they are trying to achieve (pro information and pro choice). 

***Americans need not worry...you have access to guns, thus you have greater choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.